Here at The Water Plant we truly believe we together can prevent more “Plastic Islands” in the pacific ocean. There are so many things you can do to prevent further environmental destruction from plastics that end up in our ocean ecosystems. These important steps are all of our responsibility:
- Pick up trash whenever you see it and properly dispose of it.
- When putting your recycling bins and trash cans to the curb, be sure that you secure your waste so that it doesn’t blow away.
- Reduce the amount of plastic you use in your life.
- Ensure that you recycle as much plastic as possible.
- Participate in your local beach or stream clean-up projects to collect trash from wild spaces.
Learn more at The Trash Votex